All on Four Dental Implants
Can Dentures Be Replaced in a Day? – ”All on Four” or “Teeth in a Day”
This alternative to dentures is very popular (heavily advertised by major “dental chain stores”), and sold (often over-sold) by using of it’s major conveniences. In this procedure the teeth are removed (or starting with toothless gums) and the implants are placed in the same day that a temporary denture is fastened into place. Generally longer implants are used at an angle to give them a wider effective supporting base. The All on Four Dental Implant method, also known as “Teeth in a Day,” can indeed give you an essentially full repair of your teeth in one dental visit.
After a few months of healing around the four titanium a more permanent dental implant is then placed. The process involves sinking four titanium implants into the jaw and then mounting a temporary, high quality dental bridge atop them. Using this method, you can go from toothless or struggling with a removable denture to an essentially normal dental situation in the course of a couple of hours.
The use of four implants, which gives the All-on-Four technique its name, provides a stable base in a short amount of time because the bridge is mounted on highly angled titanium screws. The angled approach usually strikes denser bone, giving a sturdy base immediately even before the bone has had time to grow back in around the new metal fixtures.
Once healing has occurred, the temporary bridge is swapped out for a permanent one and you are ready to go on with your life with a full, exhilarating return to oral health and function.
All On 4 Dental Implants replacement for cosmetic dentures that has many benefits, including:
- It provides a permanent restoration solution for individuals who have lost all their teeth.
- It may be an upgrade from implant-retained or support overdentures.
- You can start eating and functioning as though you had natural teeth again.
- It provides a solid, stable solution relative to dentures.
- It preserves your facial appearance and prevents further bone loss.
- It provides immediate function in the mandible and maxilla.
- You get a nice natural smile, far superior esthetically to the smile you have with dentures.
- It offers a long-lasting solution, frequently for life.
- It provides renewed confidence and improved quality of life.
- The replacement isn’t removable, and thus can’t drop out of your mouth.
- Chewing is equivalent to that provided by natural teeth.
- Plastic-free roof of the mouth enables natural chewing and full enjoyment of flavors!
This procedure requires a CT cone beam scan and often needs either precise alignment devices, or laboratory-made surgical guides, to plan correctly for implant placement. In many cases, a temporary implant-supported bridge can be placed at the time of surgery, hence leading to the phrase “Teeth in a Day.” A second, more permanent bridge is then usually placed several months later.
“All on Four” or “Teeth in a Day” Cost
Because a second prosthesis is needed, the cost is generally higher than that incurred by placing conventional dental implant bridges. Since fewer All On Four implants are typically used, there is also some danger that the whole bridge will fail if any of the dental implants are subsequently lost. Dr. Gibbs is a highly skilled dentist with years of experience, which helps lessen this risk while retaining all the benefits of having a full set of functional teeth almost immediately.
Also view our video on the How Dental Implants can Restore for ability to Chew and Smile Confidently