Can Dentures Be Replaced in a Day or Tomorrow? – ”All on Four” or “Teeth in a Day”, and Teeth Tomorrow Dental Implants
This alternative to dentures is some popular (heavily advertised by major “dental chain stores”), and sold (often over-sold) by using of it’s major conveniences. In this procedure the teeth are removed (or starting with toothless gums) and the implants are placed in the same day that a temporary denture is fastened into place. Generally longer implants are used at an angle to give them a wider effective supporting base. The All on Four Dental Implant method, also known as “Teeth in a Day,” can indeed give you an essentially full repair of your teeth in one dental visit. After a few months of healing around the four titanium a more permanent dental implant is then placed. The process involves sinking four titanium implants into the jaw and then mounting a temporary, high quality dental bridge atop them. Using this method, you can go from toothless or struggling with a removable denture to an essentially normal dental situation in the course of a couple of hours. The angled implants often strikes denser bone, giving a sturdy base immediately even before the bone has had time to grow back in around the new metal fixtures. Once healing has occurred, the temporary bridge is swapped out for a permanent one and you are ready to go on with your life with a full, exhilarating return to oral health and function. All On 4 Dental Implants replacement for cosmetic dentures that has many benefits, including:
- It provides a permanent restoration solution for individuals who have lost all their teeth.
- It may be an upgrade from implant-retained or support overdentures.
- You can start eating and functioning as though you had natural teeth again.
- It provides a solid, stable solution relative to dentures.
- It preserves your facial appearance and prevents further bone loss.
- It provides immediate function in the mandible and maxilla.
- You get a nice natural smile, far superior esthetically to the smile you have with dentures.
- It offers a long-lasting solution, frequently for life.
- It provides renewed confidence and improved quality of life.
- The replacement isn’t removable, and thus can’t drop out of your mouth.
- Chewing is equivalent to that provided by natural teeth.
- Plastic-free roof of the mouth enables natural chewing and full enjoyment of flavors!
Teeth Tomorrow Prettau® Zirconia Advancement
Within the last few years major advancements have been made to the “All-on-One”, “Teeth-in a Day”, and “All-on-Four” concepts. In the older versions several improvements have made:
- Instead of attempting to deliver the converted denture day with the conversion being made at the office, a better and more accurate conversion is made overnight at a laboratory. The lab can use a more advanced processing to convert the prosthesis.
- Healing can be more accurately assessed
- With lab processing fewer porosities are found for lass staining and more hygienic (fewer odors)
- Less stress and shorter appointment time in chair for the patient
Additionally, the final product is not again out of the older denture but made out of a far stronger, more esthetic Prettau® Zirconia. This amazing material is precision fabricated by only a few licensed laboratories using advanced computer guided milling technology and heat processed. The completed product is:
- Far more esthetic than the older denture teeth and acrylic final products
- Almost complete elimination of teeth fractures, wear, and breakage vs. the acrylic restorations. This is HUGE as repairs usually take several days where the patient has NO teeth.
Although slightly more costly short term, longer term it is less expensive when repairs and time without teeth during repairs is almost completely eliminated.
Dr. Gibbs personally now only recommends this final product. Teeth Tomorrow Prettau® Zirconia is the only final product with a verified 5 year 100% success rate.
The All-on Four concept is popular in the mass media. Since fewer implants are typically used, there is also some danger that the whole bridge will fail if any of the dental implants are subsequently lost. Dr. Gibbs does not recommend this product.
“All on Four” or “Teeth in a Day” , And Teeth Tomorrow Cost
Because a second prosthesis is needed, the cost is generally higher than that incurred by placing conventional dental implant bridges. . Dr. Gibbs is a highly skilled dentist with years of experience, which helps lessen this risk while retaining all the benefits of having a full set of functional teeth almost immediately. Also view our video on the How Dental Implants can Restore for ability to Chew and Smile Confidently