As many as 20% of all Americans are too apprehensive of dentistry to get regular oral health care. About 45% (are you one of these?) say that worry over discomfort is a major reason why they postpone dental visits. We believe that this fear is unfortunate and unnecessary.
Sedation dentistry is appropriate for patients who:
- Can’t imagine having dental work done while being aware of what is happening.
- Want to have all their dentistry completed comfortably and conveniently during one visit.
- Want no memory (amnesia) of the dental visit.
- Experience severe gagging problems.
- Are embarrassed about their dental condition.
- Have medical conditions requiring sedation.
I recommend spending a few minutes to watch the following short video on dental comfort and dental sedation, entitled “Dental Sedation Options for High Fear People.” It is based on a series of lectures I delivered to dental professionals a few years back. Please feel free to call us if you have any questions!