We all have moments of bad breath. In fact, all it takes is the wrong thing for lunch, or indulging in a sweet dessert. In those moments, you probably just reach for a piece of candy or gum and go on about your day, but what if it wasn’t as simple as that? What if you were dealing with halitosis on a daily basis? Halitosis is usually caused by bacteria, which means that the key to ending halitosis is getting rid of the germs!
1) Drink More Water – Keeping your mouth hydrated boosts saliva production which in turn battles bacteria on your teeth and gums.
2) Floss More Often – You should be flossing at least once a day, but you can actually floss any time you are planning to brush. In severe cases, we might recommend flossing after each meal.
3) Use a Tongue Scraper – Bacteria often get trapped on your tongue, and many people fail to care for their tongue. Use a scraper to remove bacteria and enjoy the results.
4) Antibacterial Mouth Rinse – Patients are often tempted to invest in mouth rinses that just cover up bad breath, but for a mouth rinse to be effective, it needs to be able to kill bacteria in your mouth. Reach for antibacterial or antiseptic mouth rinse.
5) Chew Sugar-Free Gum or Mints – When you do have those occasional moments of bad breath, reach for gum or mints that are sugar-free. The sugar in most gums or candy will actually make your bad breath worse when it’s all said and done.
Don’t feel like you are battling halitosis alone. If these tips and tricks don’t work, we will help you find out what the problem is. Contact us to set up an appointment, and let us take a look at what’s going on. Call today, and prepare yourself for a healthier smile!